Barista champion Vanessa Caceres reveals how to make latte art
- espresso machine
- fresh milk (cold)
- coffee (medium to dark roast)
- barista pitcher (with a narrow spout)
- barista latte art pen
- Steam the milk at 150-160°F using an espresso machine to make a microfoam (also known as wet foam
because of its liquid foam) in a barista pitcher.
- Get a wide coffee cup and fill 1/3 of it with coffee. Tilt the cup at a 45° angle. Start pouring the milk about 1cm from the cup’s side.
- Slowly but steadily pour two more milk, a few millimeters apart from each other and towards the center of the cup.
- Pour three more milk while you gently tilt the cup to almost its normal flat position.
- Add two more milk, going past the center when you hold the cup to its normal flat position.
- Finished Product: Pour the remaining milk towards you.